Peach Barbeque Sauce
- 1 pound fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minutesced fresh jalapeño with seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Cut an X in bottom of each peach, then blanch in a medium saucepan of boiling water 10 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and cool. Peel peaches and coarsely chop.
Cook onion, jalapeño, and a pinch of kosher salt in oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutesutes. Add peaches and remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until peaches are very tender, about 30 minutesutes.
Purée in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids).