Tuesday, August 6, 2013

zesty smoked sausage pasta

I got an idea from a Pinterest recipe today.  It called for pasta, smoked sausage, rotel, onions, and chicken broth.  Me, having an abundance of different vegetables, decided to go out on my own with the above base ingredients.  Here is what I came up with:

1lb smoked sausage-sliced
1 onion-diced
2 cloves garlic-minced
2 cups broth (I made my own vegetable broth, so I used a pint of that)
2 cans rotel (I canned some rotel with the abundance of tomatoes I had, so I used a pint)
2 cobs of corn (corn cut off the cobs)
1 small zuchinni-finely chopped
1 stalk of celery - finely chopped
3 mini rainbow peppers (not sure what they are really called)-chopped
2 Italian peppers (bell pepper would be ok)-chopped
salt and pepper to taste (I used an herb seasoning sea salt blend)
2/3 cup half and half
12 oz pasta (I used garden rotini)

in a large skillet heat a little olive oil...add sausage, onion, zuchinni, celery, corn, and peppers and sauté until veggies are soft and sausage is a little curled then add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.  Add the broth, rotel, and seasoning and bring to a boil.  Add the rotini and stir.  reduce heat and cover.  simmer on low for about 10 minutes or according to pasta instructions and soft.  Top with parmesan cheese.

This turned out really good.  It was well like by everyone and again, no one knew they what vegetables they were eating or even that they were eating vegetables :)

I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment