Friday, September 7, 2012

Lunchbox for teens 09/07/2012

TGIF!!!!  Today is going to be very very busy.  I have to complete all of my coding for the month of August today and then leave early to drive 2 hours to see my nephew play highschool football.  That part I am looking forward to, but why or why did I wake up at 4:15am and not go back to sleep.  I believe I will have to take a nap later on today. 
Today's lunch is partly leftovers from last night which I will review later.  Here is what is in there:

Eryn's lunch:
crockpot chicken parmesan with whole wheat spaghetti - found the recipe on pinterest and here:  http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/01/crock-pot-chicken-parmesan/
southwest blackbean salad - left over from yesterday's lunch batch
low fat pecan sandies
cherry tomatoes
grapes

Reygan's lunch:
crockpot chicken parmesan
salad with lettuce, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper
fruit snacks
lemon-berry drizzle bread - found the recipe on pinterest and here:  http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.kr/2012/05/lemon-blueberry-drizzle-bread.html

The lemon-berry bread is so very good that I baked it yesterday and today it is more than half gone.  Everyone but Eryn loves it.  It is pretty simple to make as well.  I did do a little tweaking in which I used half whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour and halfed the sugar with splenda.  Also, instead of the whole milk, I used 1/4 cup fat free milk and 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt.  It turned out GREAT! 
Here are the pics of today's lunchboxes:

Eryn's Lunch

Reygan's lunch

UPDATE:  This one will be done again.  They both liked it even cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment