Monday, September 10, 2012

LUNCHBOX FOR TEENS 09/10/2012

What a weekend.  I have been working up bananas for 2 days.  40 pounds of bananas is more than I thought.  I made honey banana walnut bread.  Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (great cookies.  Used splenda blend brown sugar and wheat flour for half of the flour.  The girls LOVE them.)  Banana pancakes this morning. And Nutella banana freezer pops.  Today I'm making peanut butter chocolate covered bananas to put in the freezer.  I froze more than 20 pounds of the bananas for the holidays. 

Today's lunch looks good to me and my daughters are excited. 
taco quesadillas (used left over taco meat that I had frozen, grilled onions and bell peppers, refried black beans, and cheese on whole wheat flour tortillas)
fresh guacamole (roasted tomato salsa, lime juice, garlic powder, and cumin mashed together with avacados)
fresh crockpot peach cobler (found the recipe on pinterest and here: http://mykindofcooking.blogspot.com/2011/07/slow-cooker-cherry-dump-dessert.html .  This recipe calls for cherry pie filling but I used about a quart + of peaches that I had frozen.  I also used sugar free cake mix and added about 2 tsp of cinnamon on top.  My sweety LOVED it and it is now gone after only 24 hours.  We usually cook this on the second night of camping in the Dutch over.)


 
UPDATE:  this is one of the girls favorites.  They loved everything.  Reygan did say the peach cobler was a little too sweet...holy cow...never heard her say anything was too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment