Thursday, September 27, 2012

RECIPE: Breakfast muffins

Yesterday I made Sausage biscuit bites.  They only have biscuits with sausage and cheese balls in the middle of them.  I make stuffed breakfast biscuits all of the time.  They are a little time consuming and can be difficult to get the biscuits to wrap around the filling without breaking apart.  So, what I made yesterday got me to thinking.  I could put the breakfast stuffing I put in the stuffed biscuits in muffin tins and I wouldn't have to work so hard getting them stuffed.  I came up with this and everyone loves them just as well as the stuffed biscuits.

BREAKFAST MUFFINS
1 can wheat grands
1/2 lb sausage
3-4 small potatoes (I used red potatoes)
5 eggs
1/4 c fat free milk
1 c cheese (I use cheddar and pepper jack)
1/2 onion
1/2 bell pepper
salt and pepper to taste

  1. preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease muffin tins (you end up having 16 biscuits)
  2. cut biscuits in half and roll them (with a pastry roller or with your hands) into a small circular shape and place in muffin tins
  3. pan fry potatoes and crumbled sausage
  4. add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened
  5. drain and place aside
  6. in small bowl beat eggs and milk together
  7. place potato mixture in middle of biscuit
  8. sprinkle with cheese
  9. add egg mixture to fill to top of muffin tin
  10. bake for about 17 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment