Sunday, September 9, 2012

RECIPE REVIEW - EASY SLOW-COOKER JAMBALAYA

Today was a great day at Waxahachie Bible Church.  I love my new ladies class...been going to Church all my life but there are still alot of things to learn and I did that today.  We also had an amazing speaker for our 9/11 memorial service.  Brian Birdwell is a Texas State Senator who was in the Pentagon when the plan crashed into it.  Not only was he in the building, but within yards of the darn plane.  He was coming out of the restroom in the same hall the right wing went in to.  He was pretty much burned alive.  See his story on I Am Second: http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/brian-birdwell/ . 
To top it off, when I got home, lunch was ready.  All I had to do was throw in the rice.  We had slow-cooker Jambalaya...recipe found on Pinterest and here:  http://www.americanfamily.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-jambalaya/43136 .  The flavor was great.  I used fresh tomatoes and canned fresh tomatoes.  I also used red and yellow bell peppers I bought from the farmers market yesterday.  Everything came together wonderfully.  I, personally like a little more tomatoes, but my sweetheart said it was perfect the way it was.
Still working on the bananas.  The honey walnut banana bread was wonderful.  It is so moist. 
This is of the Jambalaya without the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment