Thursday, September 13, 2012

LUNCHBOX FOR TEENS 09/13/2012

I was told last night "I think you spend more time on their lunch than on breakfast and dinner combined".  Lunch is sometimes using your creativity and I just enjoy cooking and putting things together.  Now, don't get me wrong, there are days I just don't want to do it and on those days the poor little girls get either whatever they pack or sandwiches, cheeseits, and fruit.  Today is not one of those days.  I, of course, prepared these last night.  Mornings are used to wake up and drink coffee...no time to make lunches.  Today's lunch is pretty darn good.  I ate one last night and they are wonderful.
Here's what they are having today:
Baked Cheddar-Broccoli Rice Cups - recipe found on pinterest and here: http://fountainavenuekitchen.com/baked-cheddar-broccoli-rice-cups/
watermelon and cantaloup
chocolate chip banana oatmeal cookies - recipe found here: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/08/chocolate-chip-banana-oatmeal-cookies.html - I halved the flour with whole wheat flour and the sugar with splenda.  I also used 2 bananas instead of just one...had LOTS of bananas on hand.

 
UPDATE:  This was just ok...one said there was not enough cheese and they both said it would be ALOT better warm.  Not for a cold lunchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment