Tuesday, September 11, 2012

RECIPE REVIEW - CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS

Thought I would try something out of the ordinary for our household.  I had some carrots and celery that we needed to use up, so this one came up.  I found the recipe on pinterest and here: http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-and-cornmeal-dumplings/ .  I added bell pepper that I got from the farmers market to it.  It did have a good flavor and my teen girls liked it, but my sweety and I decided it needed something.  It was a little bland and we are used to pretty big flavor.  The cornmeal dumplings really need a little something added to them.  They really had no flavor.  I think if some sugar and a little salt or chili peppers would make it more interesting.  Also, the chicken soup part needs some green tabasco or chilis or maybe some rotel to give it a little extra flavor.  I still had about 2 cups left over and decided the dogs would love it mixed with their dogfood today.  It won't go to waste, but not really worth the time to put up know it would not get reheated as leftovers or lunch.

Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings

No comments:

Post a Comment